Friday, March 30, 2007

Multitasking Miscues


Mrs. Joe got to escape had plans this evening so I has Peanut & The Champ all to myself. Dinner (homemade mac-n-cheese) was the usual complaining/compromising followed by a bath for The Champ.

Yes, a bath. It seems he was reminded yesterday how much fun the bathtub is while watching me give Peanut one. Apparently, my 5 year old's need to take showers, instead of a bath, was overtaken by his inner child. So tonight, a bath is what he got.

I filled the tub and in he went. Happy as a clam. I then thought I could leave him alone and tackle some other tasks. I got Peanut into her pajamas, put away some clothes and settled in to check some e-mail. That's where the trouble started. Peanut wandered into in the bathroom with The Champ. I think it took about 5 minutes before the noise from the bathroom got my attention. The results are posted below:
  • The walls of the bathroom were covered with water from The Champ squirting Peanut with rubber duckies.

  • The floor was covered with water from previously mentioned duckies as well as Peanut dumping a cup full of water on her head while "rinsing out the shampoo".

  • Peanut's pajamas were saturated to the point of needing to be changed due to previously mentioned head rinse & duckies.

  • Four previously clean towels on the floor, soaked from The Champ's attempt to clean up the water.

I got The Champ out of the tub, changed Peanut into some dry pajamas and cleaned up the mess, all the time cursing myself for not thinking this could happen.


Do you think Mrs. Joe should hear this one?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Hear about what? I don't think there is anything she needs to know. :)

And you are right, it only takes a very short period of minutes for two kids and a tub of water to create chaos!

Sat Mar 31, 08:43:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Dan said...

At least he tried to clear up the water.

I made the mistake of finding my three year old daughter squirting me with water funny the first time she did it. I now invariably leave the bathroom wetter than she does.

Sun Apr 01, 03:02:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Nobody is broken, or bloodied so why bother.

Your secret is safe with me.

Sun Apr 01, 09:06:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm impressed with the fact he tried to clean it up himself...

I won't tell the missus.

Mon Apr 02, 09:52:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home