Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jailbreak


While at work yesterday, I received one of those phone calls from home that starts with;

“Your son would like to tell you something.”

“Oh, great” I thought. “What did he do now. “

The Champ gets on the phone and announces without hesitation;

“I took Peanut out of her crib.”

It seems that my beautiful children were not cooperating with Mrs. Joe at nap time. Peanut was not in the mood to lie down and was letting everybody know about it. The Champ, who was supposed to be lying down in his bed, apparently decided to rescue her from her crib.

Remember now, The Champ is only 5 years old. When brushing his teeth, he still needs a step stool, which is exactly what he had to use to help remove his sister from her crib.

"Then I got my blanket and tried to get her to lay down on the floor with me."

I felt a little better. He was just trying to help get his sister to take a nap. That's what a big brother is supposed to do. Pitch in. Help mommy. Teach his sister. But then...

"But she didn't want to lay down with me, so I put her back in her crib. I kinda put her in head first. She's okay though. Mommy came up to help me."


That's The Champ. Always helping out.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

LOL...oh this is excellent. "Kinda" head first...gotta love the helpful older siblings.

Sun Mar 25, 09:27:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

I have those helpful kids too. When my Bug was finally released from the prison we affectionately called the hospital, my Fric and Frac were delighted.

They were all over him like maggots on rotted flesh. One day, while I was getting ready to take the Bug back to the doctors, my darling children decided to help me get the Bug ready.

They were three and four. They put on a new diaper for him (forgetting to actually fasten it), put him in his carseat, half assed buckled it and then proceeded to drop him on his head.

Luckily, he was sorta restrained from falling out of the car seat and bonking his head. He just kinda dangled upside down, with his diaper half off.

All the while, I was putting on my war paint, I mean makeup.

After that, I made sure they never HELPED again.

LOL!

Sun Mar 25, 10:54:00 AM 2007  
Blogger John said...

too funny! Sounds like something my 4 year old might try if she were a little bigger...I can wait though! Really!

Sun Mar 25, 08:29:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

Doh! Feet go first!

Sun Mar 25, 08:33:00 PM 2007  
Blogger fatty said...

lol... at least he didn't try to put her in headfirst through the bars. mine would.

Mon Mar 26, 12:33:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home