Friday, February 16, 2007

To "No" Her Is To Love Her


Peanut, who is 21 months has started talking. Well, not talking as much as answering Mrs. Joe and I's requests.

"Peanut, come let's have dinner."

"No"

"Peanut, let's change that stinky diaper."

"No"

"Peanut, time for a bath."

"No"

"Peanut, time for bed."

"Nooo!" (how does she know to hang that "o" sound for added emphasis?)

I mean I'm used to rejection from the women in this house but this is ridiculous.

Anyway, parts of me are hoping she is learning the power of this word. Only because I hope some future requests will result in this same response.

"You want to get high?" "No"

"Let's skip school and go to my house." "No"

"Just take it, nobody will catch you." "No"

"Will you marry me?" "No" (well maybe, but she has to be at least 30, right?)


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MamaMichelsBabies said...

Love that word... right up there with my almost 2 year old calling everyone Daddy, regardless of gender... that'll get you some looks at a store.

Wait until she's a teen... the pitch of No changes and takes on a whole new form of torture... I still apologize to my Mom.

Sat Feb 17, 12:01:00 AM 2007  
Blogger T. said...

With Fric rapidly approaching the teen age years, and her taking after her pretty daddy, I live in fear she will forget how to use the NO word.

"Come on darling...if you really loved me," NOOOOOO!!!

I'm thinking of having it tattooed on her forehead. How uncool would that make her?

Hmmm....

Sun Feb 18, 12:29:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home