Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Does His School Offer Ethnic Sensitivity Training?

At dinner last night, Mrs Joe started telling a story about picking The Champ up from school earlier in the day…

Mrs. Joe: “Did you tell dad we met Julia’s mom today?”

The Champ: “Yeah, and Julia’s mom was talking to our teacher but I didn't know what they were saying.”

Joe: “What do you mean”.

The Champ: “She wasn't speaking English”

Joe: “Is Julia Spanish?”

The Champ: “No, she’s “Pork-a-cheese””.

Mrs Joe: “Not Pork-a-cheese”, Portuguese”

My sincerest apologies To Portugal.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger T. said...

It could have been sooooo much worse.

Trust me, I still hide my head in shame at some of the doozies my kids have let rip over the years!

Wed Feb 14, 10:38:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Em said...

It is tough when you have to apologize to an entire country! But a funny story!

Wed Feb 14, 11:46:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home