Monday, February 26, 2007

Along With Death & Taxes

Well, it finally happened. Mrs. Joe and I figured it was inevitable. We heard more than one story from our friends about it happening to them. We hoped that this day would not come but I can say now…

The Champ has caught us having dessert.

Now I know you are reading this saying to yourself “Yeah, it happened to us, too.” And “It was not that big a deal”. But to Mrs. Joe and I, it was somewhat more embarrassing because…

It happened twice!

In the same night!

We put Peanut & The Champ to bed Saturday night with no problems and settled down to enjoy a nice glass of amaretto and watch TV. After some time on the couch watching something forgettable we headed upstairs. Midway through fooling around, in walks The Champ saying he needs help. Well, being the closest one to dressed, I hopped out of bed and walked him back to his room to discover he got sick all over the bed. I got him into the bathroom and began to clean him up. Mrs. Joe, now closer to being dressed than she previously was, stripped the bed and changed the sheets. After the wash down, He seemed o.k. I figured it was probably something he ate for dinner. I laid down with him and he fell back to sleep.

I came back to our room a few minutes later and Mrs. Joe and I joked about it finally happening to us. I then convinced Mrs. Joe that it was safe, The Champ was asleep, and we could continue.

“It was a stomach thing. He got it out of his system. He’s fine. He’ll sleep now till tomorrow morning.”

I don’t know why, but she bought it. Maybe it was the amaretto. Anyway, mid way through fooling around, there he is again saying he’s going to be sick again. Well now Mrs. Joe was pissed and it was entirely fault.

“I can’t believe you talked me into this.”

We got him to the bathroom in time and we followed that trip twice more before morning. He’s o.k. now, slept through the night last night. As for me, sleeping is probably the only thing I’ll be doing in my bed for the next few nights.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Darren a/k/a Clare's Dad said...

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Great line. Is everything in your house your fault too? :)

Tue Feb 27, 12:51:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

Oh my. Nothing to dampen your dessert enthusiasm like a little vomit - or a LOT of vomit!

Tue Feb 27, 01:03:00 PM 2007  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

The line to my wife after something like that is "OK, just real quick.."

Tue Feb 27, 04:14:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Em said...

After a load of puke, you must have done some pretty darn good convincing to convince Mrs Joe to give it a second chance. But she should cut you a bit of slack. After all, she agreed to go! LOL

Tue Feb 27, 07:17:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

I'm thinking you must be pretty smooth, Joe, because after cleaning up some barf, I'm not thinking I'd be in a mood for romance.

But that's just me. Obviously, your lady has a stronger stomach than me. Or you are much cuter than my hubs.

And don't feel bad about being caught in the act. It'll happen again. And the excuse that you and daddy were just wrestling won't cut it anymore.

It was a very embarrassing afternoon. Learn from me Joe. That's all I'm saying.

Wed Feb 28, 11:57:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home