Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sitting Around Telling War Stories


The Champ noticed a deck of playing cards on the table and asked if he could play with them. I said "Sure". He replied "Teach me a game, I don't know how to play any." I figured the easiest game to teach him was War. Actually, War was the only card game I could remember how to play so my decision was already made.

Well, War has reminded me how easy it can be sometimes to keep your kid happy. I think we have played War more times in the past week than I have in my entire life. And he is having the most fun, too. I let him decide who won each hand to keep that "educational" aspect going so it's a win-win for all. When I say "all" I include Mrs. Joe too. She's a little cautious of the card playing.

I'm sure like all things to a 5 year old, War will get boring and I'll have to teach him a new card game. Maybe Go Fish or Crazy 8's. I've checked with Mrs. Joe on the rules for those. We are set there.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger T. said...

My ten year old daughter pestered me all weekend to play War with her. I hate that freaking game. It's the damn game that never ends....

We have since moved on to checkers and chess. I even let them win occasionally...(Never said I was mommy of the year...)

Mon Jan 15, 10:48:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous CrankMama said...

War!! That excellent! I can't take any more "sorry" so perhaps I'll add this into the queue of fun ways to spend a snow day.

Tue Jan 16, 05:14:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home