Saturday, January 27, 2007

Relegated To Towel Boy


The Champ has eliminated another chore of mine but I'm not sure if I am happy about it.

He has begun taking showers all by himself.

For the last two weeks, when asked if he wants a bath or a shower, he has chosen a shower. To me, this is much easier than giving him a bath. Who enjoys squatting over the tub for 15 minutes, pleading to keep the water in the tub while you try to wash their ears? But now I find myself missing the time with him in the tub. The little rubber duckies that he would squeeze sending water all over the walls. The boats he would try to capsize by creating waves that would at times send water all over the floor. Even the bath time crayons, that when done, left the tub looking like a New York city subway car. I will miss all those things but I think what I will miss most will be those few minutes after the bath, when I would take him out of the tub, sit him on my lap, wrap a towel around him and give him the biggest hug of the day.

Now all I have to worry about is whether or not he actually uses soap.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger T. said...

I have a solution...be ready with the towel when he gets out of the shower. That way you have your cuddle time AND you can smell the distinct lack of soap.

My boy is nine and still prefers to spit wash than to use soap in the shower. And he always conveniently forgets he has ears and that they need to be washed.

Must be a boy thing. His dad is the same way.

Sun Jan 28, 11:36:00 AM 2007  
Blogger radioactive girl said...

My kids all decided to start showering alone too. It makes me sad, but at least I still have a three year old who wants me to help him. I hate that they are growing up, but I suppose that is the goal we wanted to acheive someday.

Sun Feb 18, 01:08:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home