Friday, January 05, 2007

Cold Turkey Is For The Birds


Mrs. Joe is a casual smoker. I mean at the end of a long day, she casually walks outside and has a cigarette. She won't say why she is going outside, but it's understood. Maybe not saying the word "cigarette" makes it a little less embarrassing.

Anyway, for New Year's, she's trying to quit. Cold turkey. No slowdown. No patch. No gum. No hypnosis. Nothing. I'm very happy she is doing this but Peanut, The Champ and I are feeling it's effects. This is day 5 and her nicotine withdrawals are starting to make her edgy. Now I know this is for the best. And I will do everything I can to help her kick the habit. But it looks like rough times ahead.
I think I need a drink.

If anybody needs me I'll be out on the porch.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger T. said...

Me, I just hide in the pantry.

Not to smoke, but I like to pretend my mommy-juice is kool-aide.

Good luck to you and the wife. May you both survive the detox...

Mon Jan 08, 06:27:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home