Friday, December 22, 2006

Add 3 Eggs And Beat Husband Well




I stopped by Starbucks this morning on my way to work and got Mrs. Joe a gift card. She loves their caramel macchiatos. The gift card was only for $10 bucks so she probably only can get one. Aren't the like $6 bucks? Anyway, this finishes my Christmas shopping. I didn't do too bad this year. Everything I bought on-line came in and I found everything I was looking for in the mall. And no, I did not buy Mrs. Joe the bathrobe she asked for. But I did take a chance on buying something else.

A spatula.

Not just any old spatula, mind you.

The OXO Good Grips Silicone Flexible Turner
  • silicone outer layer, which is heat resistant to 600 degrees

  • soft, comfortable, non-slip grips and are the perfect companions to non-stick cookware and bakeware

  • bonded to a flexible stainless steel core for added stability

  • Dishwasher-safe

Where is that Tim "The Toolman" Taylor grunt sound clip when you need it?

I do the dishes in the house so I see the nylon spatula Mrs. Joe currently uses. There always seems to be some of the nylon flaking off after she's done with it. Last time I checked, plastic wasn't nutritious in any way and I'll assume the flakes can't be good for us. So I decided that getting her a new, silicone spatula will be better for all.

That's the difference between men & women. Even with all the reasons I noted, it still comes down to the fact that I bought my wife a spatula for Christmas. It's a safe bet that this probably will not go over too well when she unwraps it. Hopefully she understands my reasons.

And that's also why the gift tag says "From Santa".
Merry Christmas, everybody.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger T. said...

Dude, I'm sincerely hoping your wife spanked you with that shiny new spatula.

That's like my husband buying "me" a new computer mouse for my birthday, so he could play his computer games better.

Doofuses, the two of you. Perhaps you were separated at birth...

Sat Dec 30, 01:39:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home