Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rock, Hardplace, meet Joe

Mrs. Joe & I went out to dinner last night. We had a wonderful dinner but the conversation went down a path most men fear. See, Mrs. Joe started talking about Kirstie Alley's appearance on Oprah this past Monday. Mrs. Joe got pissed when she watched Kirstie Alley claim she's down to 155 pounds. She said she lost 75 pounds after hitting the 220 pound mark. Reference: Mrs. Joe has been doing pilates once a week for the last year and has said she's lost 30 pounds. To me, Mrs. Joe hasn't looked this good in ten years but I have no idea what her actual weight is and you are out of you mind if you think I am ever going to ask. So after telling her I watched the video of her coming out in that bikini, (a few of us joes at work heard about it and went to YouTube for the video earlier this week), I knew where she was going and I knew I wasn't going to like it:

"There is no way she is 155 pounds in that bikini on Oprah! That is less than I weigh,"

"She must be short."

"She was a model or something, she's at least my height."

"I don't know, dear."

"Honestly, do my thighs look like that? Because I can't believe her thighs look like that and she's 155 pounds."

"No hon, your thighs do not look like that."

"No seriously, she can't be 155 pounds with thighs like that!"

"Hon, she had heels on."

"How can she weigh 155 pounds with thighs like that."

"I don't know dear."

"I know my legs are not that big so how can she say she's at 155 pounds?"

"Er, um, Hon your legs look good."

"She must be lying."

"Yes dear, she's lying."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home