Monday, November 06, 2006

Am I Ready For Some Football?

I took today off from work. I am lucky enough to have a friend with Patriots season's tickets and I was able to go to last nights game against the Colts. I knew I would not get home early so I burned a vacation day with the intent on getting some work done around the house once I finally woke up. The Champ came home from school and wanted to go outside and play ball. For the first time, he said he wanted to play some football. Well hell, I thought, football it is then. We threw a nerf around for a bit then he said "Dad, can we play a game?" And he proceeded to make up the rules as we went along. "Its the Patriots against the Bears, dad". "No, dad, you go here.", "that's not right, dad, like this." It was beautiful. And like anything. He was giving 100%. Jumping, diving to the ground, everything. He would even try to tackle me, wrapping himself around my ankles, not letting go to save his life. Just like the way I was as a kid. Too bad I could count on one hand the number of times my dad would get off the couch and come outside with me. Unfortunately for me though, after a half hour of being tackled I was beat. I didn't realize how hard it was to fall to the ground without getting you or your 5 year old hurt. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. Times like this I wonder how my parents chose to do so little with me when I was this age. But I'll pass on those thoughts. For tomorrow is coming and I will probably be requested to play some more football.

And I can't wait.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home